The Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Schools is specially designed for international students who want to participate in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) to enter Secondary 3 in Singapore Government Schools.
The Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) consists of a centralised test on English and Mathematics that will assess the applicants’ English literacy, numeracy and reasoning abilities.
Regular tests and examinations will be conducted to monitor applicants’ progress and to ensure they are well-prepared for the AEIS centralised tests.
Depending on applicants’ performance in the test, they will be offered a place in a local mainstream school.
For more details, see https://www.moe.gov.sg/international-students/aeis.
|Awarding authority||Ministry of Education|
|Programme Duration||Duration of course is 6 months|
|Teaching Amenities, Facilities etc||Lecture rooms, Library, Computer lab, Student lounge|
- 14 to 16+ as of 1st January of the year of admission to government schools.
- Applicants should not be more than 2 years older than the appropriate age for that level.
Completed/Pass Year 8 with Overall Results of 50% & above or equivalent.
A Pass in Year 8 English or equivalent in home-country or pass Amity Global Institute’s English Placement Test with a score of at least 40% or better.
|Course Application Fee|
|Course Application Fee*||Local Students : S$100 (Onetime Only)
International Students : S$350 (Onetime Only)
– Course application fee is non refundable.
– Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.
|Fees Breakdown||Total Payable (S$)|
|International Student Admin Fee||–||650|
|Total Course Fees Payable||9000||9350|
- Course Fee is inclusive of Tuition Fees & College Exam Fees (one time).
- The above AEIS fees does not include the Examination fees payable to the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB).
- FPS Insurance premiums are paid by Amity, unless stated in the Student Contract which has to be paid by the student separately.
- Fees indicated are exclusive of GST.
- For Miscellaneous Fees: Click Here
- Click Here for more information on the Mode of Payment.