Transfer / Withdrawal Policy
The school’s Transfer / Withdrawal policy is as follows:
- The school allows students to transfer from a course X to another course Y within the school. This is treated as a withdrawal from course X (refund policy will apply) and a re-enrolment with the school into course Y. The school may at its discretion give the re-enrolled student a discount on the course fee for Y. The discount may be up to the un-used portion of the course fee for X.
- The school allows students to withdraw from a course in accordance with the fee refund policy.
- A transfer to another private school is regarded as a withdrawal from Amity. If the student is below 18 years of age, the parent or guardian’s approval for the transfer / withdrawal will be required.
The table below summarises the key aspects of the transfer and withdrawal policies.
Circumstances in which request will be granted
The (new) course is being run and has vacancies.
Course Administrator interviews first
Additional fee payable
Status of student pass
Cancel existing and apply a new student pass for student
Cancel the existing student pass.
Condition for refund
As per refund policy
As per refund policy
Time frame for processing
- Amity briefs prospective students on the Transfer / Withdrawal Policy during pre-course counselling session (by the Agent/ Course Counsellors) and later again during the orientation programme by Course Administrators.
- Full details of the policy are also available on the school website and student handbook. The school targets students with a minimum of level of proficiency in English, so that they should have sufficient language ability to understand the policy in English.
Transfer / Withdrawal Procedures
The school’s procedure for withdrawal/transfer to another school is as follows:
- The student gives written notice of his/her intention to withdraw using Withdrawal Request Form to the Course Administrator. Course Administrator hands the notice of withdrawal to the
Department Head – Admissions & Student Management, who will talk to the student to find out why he/she wants to withdraw.
- If student does not change his/her intention, the Department Head – Admissions & Student Management, who will interview the student to understand his / her situation and to administer the end course survey (if necessary)
- When the Withdrawal has been approved by the Principal, the Course Administrator proceeds with the following matters including
- issuance of a letter to student effecting the withdrawal
- cancellation of the student pass
- termination of the contract
- Informing the FPS Officer to process the cancellation of FPS Insurance within 3 working days
- refunding the student as per refund procedure
- issuing the attendance record, if applicable
Procedure to Transfer to another course within the school
- The student gives written notice of his/her intention to transfer course using Transfer Request Form. Course Administrators hands the notice of transfer to the Department Head – Student Admission & Student Management, who will talk to the student to find out why he/she wants to transfer.
- If student does not change his /her intention, the Department Head – Student Admission & Student Management, who will interview the student to understand his / her situation
- The Department Head – Student Admission & Student Management will
- Check that the student satisfies the Entry Requirements/Pre-requisite of the requested course
- Discuss with student the reasons for his /her wanting to transfer, and explain to the student the implications for his /her student pass, etc. The school must cancel the current student pass and apply for a new student pass for the new course. Students should not hold the school liable should the student’s pass application being not be approved by the Singapore ICA.
- Inform the student of the school’s transfer policy
- Once the student understood and confirms by the transfer by signing the Transfer Request Form. This will be handed to the Principle for approval.
- Upon approval, the Course Administrator follows up with
- Issuance of a letter to student effecting the transfer
- Cancellation of the existing student pass and application for a new pass
- Termination of the existing contract and signing of the new contract / issuance of an addendum depending on the circumstance
- Inform the FPS Officer to cancel FPS Insurance of the current course. Purchase FPS Insurance for new course
- Transferring the student’s account to the new course in accordance with the transfer policy
- Students will be notified of the outcome within 4 weeks from the receipt of the transfer request. International students will be notified of the outcome of student’s pass application upon approval by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority, Singapore.
- The transfer / withdrawal procedure is described in its website and student handbook.
- The transfer / withdrawal records in hard copy are kept in the student file. The school’s data management system also keeps a record of the student status, as per the requirements for the student register.
- The required relevant document in originals are mailed to the FPS provider. A copy of the document is kept in the student file.
- ICA, CPE and other relevant government agencies for all withdrawal cases as also been informed.