Orientation for all Students
A comprehensive Orientation Programme will be conducted to introduce all Students of Amity to the Course and the administration facilities
The Orientation Programme will cover:
- Amity – Vision, Mission, Values, Culture, Goals, Policy etc.
- Who’s Who @ Amity.
- Issue of Access cards (if applicable).
- School’s location(s) and a general description of the facilities and infrastructures.
- Issue of Class Schedule / Timetable.
- Details on Course Progression Path.
- Details related to Module Guides, Module Definition Forms, etc.
- Details related to Assessment (deadlines, marking, mitigation, academic appeals, assessment criteria and marking standards, etc).
- Academic regulations.
- Type of certification awarded at the end of the course.
- Standard Student Contract.
- Attendance regulations.
- Fee Protection Scheme.
- Refund Policies.
- Withdrawal Policies.
- Transfer Polices.
- Feedback and grievance procedures.
- School Rules and regulations.
- Student Support Services and Welfare.
- Highlight the contents of the Student Handbook.
- Reference to CPE official website (www.cpe.gov.sg) for more details.
- Course Deferment/Extension criteria and procedures related to suspension and expulsion conditions.
- Fire Emergency Procedures.
- First Aid: For First Aid support please contact Reception.
- Feedback, Suggestion Box, Feedback e-mail, etc.
- Emergency Contact Details.
- Do’s & Don’ts in Singapore.
- Relevant Singapore laws especially those relating to ICA and Ministry of Manpower (MOM) including immigration requirements, laws on driving, drugs and alcohol abuse, employment, smoking, traffic and littering, etc.
- Advice on personal and medical insurances.
- Advice on accommodation and the cost of living.
- General healthcare services in Singapore.
Provisional of medical insurance
- All students need to purchase medical insurance throughout their course of studies with Amity. A SC/PR or a non-Student’s Pass international student who is protected by his own medical insurance coverage in Singapore can opt out from the medical insurance scheme arranged for by Amity. If the student does not have medical insurance, Amity will purchase the medical insurance on their behalf at a fee which will be paid by the student.
Amity has appointed medical insurance provider: Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd. All students enrolled with Amity will be covered by the Group Medical Insurance.
Learning Environment and Facilities
- Superior facilities are offered at Amity for the holistic development of the students. Students may indulge in sports, art and other literary activities to grow in their respective fields. To ensure that students continue to perform well they will be provided a range of services specially designed for them.
Airport Pickup and Accommodation
- Whenever any new international students are approved by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority for the student’s pass, Amity Global Institute will inform the relevant staff of the student’s arrival schedule. If requested by the student, Airport Pickup & Accommodation assistance will be provided.
Key features of Pastoral Care
- The Amity Global Institute strives to provide holistic care for students. The pastoral counselling framework are based on the following aspects: physical, mental, social, emotional, spiritual.